We're seeking chefs, Mixologists & oyster farmers to join us for Peat & Pearls Florida 2019!
Join Blue Collards and the Swing Shift crew this October for four days of fine Scotch, premium oysters and culinary storytelling in the beautiful, colonial-era seaport of Pensacola, Florida. Last year’s event attracted more than two dozen of the region’s best chefs, 15 oyster farmers from across the Southeast and hundreds of discerning guests. This year will be even bigger and better. A portion of ticket sales will benefit marine conservation efforts in the Gulf region. Participation opportunities are outlined below. For full details on programming, please visit our main event page.
Local Mixologists | HopScotch Challenge | Sept. 1 - Oct. 1
We’re seeking six to 10 local bar partners to develop specialty cocktails for the Hopscotch Cocktail Challenge, a promotional campaign that will run in the local market in the month preceding Peat & Pearls. Area cocktail enthusiasts will be invited to sample featured cocktails, vote for their favorite & then enter for a chance to win tickets to Peat & Pearls 2019. The bartender with the most votes will also receive a pair of tickets and a special prize package from our whisky partner.
- Each participating bar will be asked to develop a specialty cocktail utilizing assigned ingredients
- Selected partners must agree to feature the cocktail on their menu for the duration of the promotion and help promote the campaign via their owned media channels
- One representative from each bar will be required to attend a mandatory orientation session prior to the campaign start — details TBA
- Recognition as one of our featured partners during promotion period
- Bar listed on promotion landing page and included in all event communications
- Promotion on Blue Collards owned and paid media channels
Registration form coming soon.
Local Chefs | Pearl Promenade | OCt. 3
The Pearl Promenade, our kick-off event, is a progressive pairing experience featuring fine wines and oyster small plates prepared by local chefs. We’re seeking a half-dozen of Pensacola’s best chefs to join us for this unique event.
- Each chef will be asked to plan one oyster-based dish to be featured during the event — for approximately 100 guests
- Selected partners will work with Blue Collards and our wine partner to select pairings for their dishes
- Selected partners will be responsible for sourcing all ingredients — other than oysters — used in their dishes
- Selected partners will be responsible for providing kitchen and wait-staff for the kick-off event.
- We ask that participating restaurants feature the pairing on their menu for the remainder of October
- At least one member from each participating restaurant will be required to attend a mandatory orientation session prior to the event, details TBA
- Blue Collards will provide all oysters and wine used for the kick-off event
- Blue Collards will provide bistro tables, linens, glassware, group captains and set-up/tear-down of temporary service stations
REgional Chefs | Grand Tasting | Oct. 5
We’re seeking chefs to participate in the oyster showcase at our Oct. 5 Grand Tasting event. Each selected chef will be paired with an oyster farmer and asked to prepare one chargrilled and one composed oyster dish.
- Each chef will be asked to plan one chargrilled and one composed oyster dish and prepare 300 servings of each
- Chefs will be responsible for sourcing all ingredients, other than oysters
- We ask that chefs bring their own grill and whatever additional equipment (i.e. tongs, charcoal, etc.) they require
- At least one member from each Chef’s team will be required to attend a mandatory orientation session prior to the event, details TBA
- One 30” by 96” presentation table and one 30” by 96” prep table
- Linens, ice, presentation vessels, plateware, utensils, shell collection bins & trash receptacles
- Two event credentials — for the featured chef & assistant working your table — and two complimentary general admission tickets
- Custom signage for each station listing the name of the chef, restaurant & location.
Oyster Farmers | Grand Tasting | OCt. 5
We’re seeking approximately oyster farmers to participate in the oyster showcase at our Oct. 5 Grand Tasting event. Each selected farm will be paired with a chef, who will prepare one composed oyster dish utilizing your product.
- We ask that each producer supply approximately 600 oysters & enough shucking power to get through a four-hour event
- Farmers will also be responsible for supplying all equipment needed for prep & service — to include shucking knives, gloves, etc.
- At least one member from each producers’ team will be required to attend a mandatory orientation session prior to the event, details TBA
- Each producer will be provided with two event credentials for the farmer & shucker working their table.
- In addition, each producer will receive two complimentary general admission tickets that can be shared with friends or family
- Linens, ice, presentation vessels, shell collection bins & trash receptacles will be provided.
- We will provide custom signage for each station listing the name of your farm, the name of your oysters & your location.
- We ask that producers not bring signage or decorations. We work very hard to create an outstanding experience for our guests, & consistency of presentation is key.
- We are working with a local seafood dealer to accommodate those who will not be bringing oysters with them & would rather ship ahead of time for us to transport to the event. Additional details (i.e. where to ship oysters) will be provided closer to the event.
Be notified of future opportunities
Want to know when new opportunities are announced? Sign up for our Swing Shift newsletter, and you’ll be the first to know when we’re cooking up new events.